For families needing an extended-day program for their children, The Vanguard School has once again partnered with Innovation Learning to be our before-and-after school extended learning provider for the 2019-20 school year!
Innovation Learning’s program offerings include:
- Academic Support (guidance and assistance from our instructors to ensure homework is finished daily and with understanding)
- Innovation Stations (Students engage in project-based learning challenges.)
- Discovery Period (outdoor play, team building, and personal exploration each week).
Creativity, ingenuity, and innovation are the keys to being successful in the evolving global economy, and it is paramount for parents and schools to work together to cultivate these skills for their children during before-and-after school care. This part of the day is a prime time to develop and practice twenty-first century skills, and this can be done effectively in a setting that infuses the natural curiosity inherent in all children with their desire to play and interact with their peers.
Innovation Learning has answered this critical need by creating programs that teach students the 4C’s of Communication, Collaboration, Critical Thinking, and Creativity within the context of a STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) based curriculum so that children can develop skills that enable them to not only succeed in school the very next day, but succeed for the rest of their life.
Innovation Learning has two locations at The Vanguard School. Here are the details about each:
- The Wahsatch Campus serves grades K-3. After school, Innovation Learning staff will pick up K-2 students from their classrooms; students in grade 3 will be dismissed from their Vanguard teachers and will meet the Innovation Learning staff in the classroom.
- The Corona Campus serves grades 4-8. At the end of the school day, Innovation Learning staff will pick up students in grades 4-6; students in grades 7-8 will be dismissed by their Vanguard teachers to walk to the Innovation Learning classroom.
Important Information Regarding CCCAP for Innovation Learning Families
Innovation Learning has been approved to accept the Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP) payments at The Vanguard School. CCCAP is administered through county departments of social/human services under the direction of the CDHS Division of Early Care and Learning. CCCAP provides help to pay for the cost of childcare for children up to age 13 and for youth with special needs through age 18. It is an income-eligibility based program.
For more information on how you can apply for CCCAP benefits or to apply your pre-approved benefits to one of our programs, please contact our CCCAP Coordinator, Cindy Novy at 1-866-239-3661 x. 2.