Welcome 4-6 Families,
On behalf of the staff at The Vanguard School, we would like to welcome you to Upper Elementary. Whether you are a returning or new family, we are thrilled you have chosen Vanguard as your partner in your child’s education, and we look forward to the 2021-2022 school year. To assist with the transition back to school, we have assembled all the information you will need for the upcoming school year on this page.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us by email at [email protected], or by phone at (719) 471-1999.
All students in grades 4-12 at The Vanguard School are offered free school lunches, regardless of “Free and Reduced” lunch qualification, as part of a recent USDA policy announcement. Parents do not need to fill out a form to take advantage of these free lunches.
All parents are encouraged to wear a parent badge when entering school facilities which will avoid the need to provide other identification. Although parents are not currently allowed in school facilities due to COVID restrictions, we are still creating badges for parents who do not have one.
How to Get a Parent Badge:
1) Take a high-resolution photo of yourself.
– The photo should be against a plain/solid-color background.
– The photo should be taken from the shoulders, up (like a driver’s license photo).
– You should not be wearing sunglasses, a hat, or any other obstructive articles of clothing.
– Photo should be in .jpeg format
2) Email your photo, along with the name you want to appear on your parent badge and your child’s name, to our K-3 Building Secretary, Amy Franklin, at [email protected].
– Please match the name on your parent badge to your name as it appears on a government-issued photo ID.
3) Pick up your parent badge!
– If your child is a current student, your completed parent badge will be sent home with your child. Please allow one week for completion and delivery.
– If your child is a new student for the 2021-2022 school year, your completed parent badge will be available for pick-up closer to the beginning of the new school year.
4) If you have any questions about parent badges, please contact Amy Franklin at [email protected].
4-6 Regular (M-F) Schedule
Morning Carline – 7:30 A.M. – 8:00 A.M.
School Begins – 8:00 A.M.
Dismissal – 3:15 P.M.
Afternoon Carline – 3:15 P.M. – 3:45 P.M.
In the event of a two-hour delay, The Vanguard School will start exactly two hours later and dismiss at the normal times for each campus. Classes for students in grades 4-6 will begin at 10:00 A.M.
This year’s Summer Semester will be full of opportunities for credit recovery, elective credits, fine arts credits, sports camps, and enrichment programs. This has been a challenging year academically for students, and Summer Semester is a great way to help them recover credit, make up ground, and get prepared for school in the fall.
For more information, including a full list of course offerings, a link to registration, and available discounts, please visit our Summer Semester webpage.
If you have questions about offerings or registration, please email our Summer Semester Coordinator, Joseph Simboli.